Wednesday, April 16, 2014

How To Make a Book of Shadows

A huge part of Wicca is your personal Book Of Shadows (BOS). This has to be one of the more time consuming aspects of Wicca. You can use a notebook, an unlined book, a three ring binder, or anything else. I wouldn't making it on the computer; yes I know you can make it look really pretty and very quickly and easily but it doesn't . I chose to use a 3 ring binder, with dividers, and loose leaf paper. and drew out my covers for the fun of it and to make it more personal.

The Front cover; featuring a tribal wolf head with "Wicca"



The back cover; featuring the Green Man with the saying "Merry meet, Merry part, Merry meet again"

I chose to put the "Wicca rede" as the very first page in mine, you may put what ever you want as your first page. When you actually start working on it you can put the information in any order you want, just so long as you can find what you want/need with ease. Here's a list of things that I have included in my BOS
  • Correspondences
  • Holidays
  • spells
  • Gods/Goddess
  • Results of spells
  • Tarot cards
  • Glossary (for words that I have found in my research that I didn't know before)
This is just how I have mine set up. You are free to make and organize yours how ever you wish. Make sure the information that you put into your BOS is correct, I always find multiple sources that show the information that I'm looking for to double check what I've found. Good luck on making your BOS.
 
Merry Meet, Merry Part, Merry Meet Again.

No comments:

Post a Comment